AAUG announce it's "business as usual" for user groups
AAUG response to recent Acorn annoucement
Following the recent announcement from Acorn, the AAUG would like to make it clear that as far
as the Acorn user group and enthusiast community is concerned, although this news comes as a
shock to us all, it's still "business as usual".
We are confident that RISC OS and Acorn technology will survive, in whatever form,
and that existing Acorn users will _not_ be forced into the Wintel camp.
- User groups will continue to meet - we've got even more to talk about now!
Not one user group meeting has been cancelled. Full details of meeting dates and locations can be found on the AAUG website. Why not come along and voice your opinion on whats happening.
- User groups will continue to provide the help and support to the many thousands of existing Acorn users around the world.
With the withdrawal of Acorn from the desktop market, the help and support these groups offer had just become increasingly invaluable.
- The AAUG will continue to support and promote these groups, and their members.
- The AAUG will still be attending the other organised Acorn shows
- The AAUG will continue to support Acorn User and the other Acorn related press
They may be able to kill off a computer, but they can't kill off several thousand enthusiasts!
Related topics :